Interview with Kamila Ferens - menswear designer from Poland
Today we're going to present you Kamila Ferens from Poland. She is one of the contestants in Men's style international fashion design project.
Kamila was born in Bielsko-Biala, Poland. After graduating from the Beskidian School of Applied Art Poland in 2008 she worked as a freelance photographer for a couple of years.
In 2009 she was accepted into the Fashion Design departament of the Katowice School of Technology and graduated in 2013 with a final collection named 'Hanbok Boys'.
Since then she works as a personal stylist and a freelance designer, still developing her skills.
To learn more about Kamila, we've made a short interview with her:
- When did you first start designing?
- I've always been interested in art and I've tried to express myself in many fields. Making clothes was just one way to do it, but at first I did it only for myself. I really enjoyed designing clothes so I decided to take it more seriously and about 5 years ago I was accepted to the college as a fashion design major. Since then fashion design has been my main artistic interest.
- Who or what inspired you to become a designer?
- I think two things were working together: first of all, when I couldn't find interesting clothes in stores and second of all, when I discovered fashion to be a perfect artistic medium.
- Where do you find inspiration for your creations?
- Oh, everywhere. On the internet, while watching fashion shows, movies, cartoons. Inspirations are in books, in nature, even in our dreams. You just have to watch carefully.
- Who are your favorite designers and why?
- Jeremy Scott for always being fresh and creative. Maison Martin Margiela and Thom Brown for the way they combine traditional chic and elegance with modern elements.
- Men do not always pay attention to the way they dress. Give some advice to men - how should they dress to be stylish?
- I think more and more of them pay attention to the way they dress nowadays, but maybe they are still little lost and afraid :) I think it's important to start with the basics – for example what is their body type and which colors suit them. I think that they should start with classic style, elegant simplicity, and then try to experiment, explore new trends and find their own style.
- What do you think makes one fashion designer successful?
- I believe in hard work, the power of an original idea and respect for clients.
- What are your plans for the future?
- I still want to grow as a designer, learn more and establish my own men's fashion label.
You can learn more about Kamila and her work here: Kafere
To participate in Men's Style International fashion design contest, please visit mensstyle.org
Hits: 5097 | Leave a comment
About the Author
We are looking for men's suit tailors, fashion designers, managers, fashion consultants who want to share their knowledge and tips in an article or video and contribute to the site! Please email us at email@example.com Don't miss the opportunity as this will be a free advertisement for yourself and your menswear brand!