PROJECT introduces new interactive partnerships and influential brands in menswear
PROJECT New York, under UBM Fashion Group's roster of premiere trade shows, will deliver its Fall/Winter 2016 offering this Sunday, January 24th until Tuesday, January 26th. The show will launch a new partnership with WGSN, showcase an interactive new app, Spin My Planet, and present a distinguished group of brands within The TENTS and PROJECT.
'This season, our thinking was to gear the show towards engagement and discovery. The collections and brands presenting this season are exciting and have a unique interpretation of menswear that the industry needs,' states Tommy Fazio, President of Retail UBM Fashion Group. 'For trends, we turned to the authority on trend forecasting, WGSN, to reimagine The Edit to bring key menswear styles to life from the brands exhibiting at the show. Having Spin My Planet, an innovative photography service, on the show floor, express the capabilities of our show and sets the stage for the Menswear market and its upcoming fashion week.'
WGSN, the leading trend-forecasting website, will share their perspective of what's next in menswear by recreating, The EDIT, featuring apparel from designers found at the show. PROJECT is also debuting Spin My Planet, a photography service designed for e-commerce that gives life and movement to photos called a 'spin.' The 'spin' combines a series of photos into one single interactive frame allowing the viewer to see every angle of the product at any speed.
PROJECT will also boast a significant roster of influential brands that represent the outlook of the tradeshow's upcoming season.
'I am extremely excited to have the opportunity to work with and alongside some of the most talented individuals within the industry,' said Erik Ulin, President of Men's UBM Fashion Group. 'Many of our staple brands are returning and it's always great watching brands mature through PROJECT as well.'
Brands curated under his guidance within PROJECT and THE TENTS include 3x1, Good Man Brand, John Smedley, Hestra and Patrick Assaraf. With workroom, the emerging brand section within the show include Antler And Woods, LLC, De La Commune, Perspectives, Roamers & Seekers, Second St and TERRACOMO.
Additional noteworthy partnerships and initiatives include:
* The #BloggerPROJECT, under Marcus Troy's guidance, will return this season creating live content for exhibiting brands, hosting their Blogger Awards and selecting winners from 10 categories along with Troy on the final day of the show. In addition, PROJECT is partnering with Cadillac for its third consecutive season. PROJECT's digital editors will be spearheading original content throughout the three days of the show. Follow the drive at #PROJECTCadillac.
* These programs continue to offer exposure to brands direct from the show floor. In addition, the #BloggerPROJECT Photo Studio by Naskademini will allow attendees to engage with the bloggers as they style looks and create content onsite. Bloggers in attendance will include Marcus Troy, Naskademini, Talun Zeitoun, Jamal Jackson, Jeremy Mitchell, Mustafa Kacar, Rob Mangano, Steven Onoja, Eliezer Infante, Sunflowerman and Danny Balmaceda.
* The Sunflower Sessions will visualize the show through the eyes of menswear illustrator, Sunflowerman. This unique talent will be working with brands during the show to create live illustrations that capture both his subjects and the brands they are wearing simultaneously. His finished products will be featured across Sunflowerman's social networks (@Sunflowerman) and on sunflowerman.com as well as featured on the show floor.
* PROJECT Sound, a curated music program spearheaded by music director, celebrity DJ and sound stylist Lindsay Luv, will score the signature sound of PROJECT. Lindsay Luv will be bringing the sounds of PROJECT to life both on and off the floor spinning on-site in the Music Lounge, as well as curating the PROJECT Show Sound Spotify Channel.
* ShopTheFloor will connect buyers and brands online anytime and offers complimentary product photography in their photo studio. Participating brands will be featured in looks curated by top retailers. In addition, the Trend Lounge by ShopTheFloor helps attendees stay up to date on the latest trends for Fall 2016 menswear. ShopTheFloor has partnered with Khaki and Black, Rags New Haven and menswear subscription service, Sprezzabox, to curate these unique looks.
Hits: 2424 | Leave a comment