The Pantone Color of the Year 2020 - Classic Blue
The Pantone Color of the Year 2020 has just been announced, and it’s Pantone 19-4502 Classic Blue! Classic Blue symbolizes protection, stability, peace, and confidence, as well as encouraging deep thinking, open mindfulness, and communication.
For the first time ever, Pantone has debuted a unique multisensory approach that includes not just the sight of the Color of the Year, but also the taste, texture, scent and sound of the Color of the Year.
To bring the color of Classic Blue to life, Pantone partnered with Firmenich, AudioUX, LANDR, and The Inside to provide a multi sensory experience that describes the Color of the Year. Multisensory elements include:
- The sight of the Color of the Year 2020 Pantone 19-4502 Classic Blue: Imprinted in our psyches as a restful color, Classic Blue brings a sense of peace and tranquility to the human spirit, offering refuge. A reflective blue tone, Classic Blue fosters resilience.
- The sound of the Color of the Year 2020, in partnership with Audio UX: The sound of Classic Blue, Vivid Nostalgia, is nostalgic and takes us to a place that is comforting and familiar.
- The texture of the Color of the Year 2020, in partnership with The Inside: The feel of the color fabric translates into a soft, velvety texture, further emphasizing the calming quality of the color, while eliciting feelings of empowerment to expand the mind and build foundation for the future.
- The taste and scent of the Color of the Year 2020, in partnership with Firmenich: The taste of the color is described as gentle and elegant, and explores the idea of maturing through ripening.
- The scent of the Color of the Year 2020, also in partnership with Firmenich: The scent of the color elicits contemplation and a feeling of optimism for the future, with notes of blue water and sea salt lifted by airy sky.
“As we all head into a new era, we wanted to challenge ourselves to find inspiration from new sources that not only evolve our Color of the Year platform, but also help our global audiences achieve richer and more rewarding color experiences,” said Laurie Pressman, vice president of the Pantone Color Institute in a release. “This desire, combined with the emotional properties of PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue, motivated us to expand beyond the visual, to bring the 2020 Pantone Color of the Year to life through a multi-sensory experience.”
Hits: 9056 | Leave a comment