How to wear a suit jacket
Men who wear improperly fitted suits may hear this: "Are you wearing that suit or is the suit wearing you?" The secret to wearing a suit is buying the right suit for you, which means getting the best suit fit. We are going to tell you some tips about the right suit fit.
1. Concerning length: some said that it should reach your knuckles, but this assumes the length of your arms is normal.
2. The second button from the bottom should be just above your belly-button - never below.
3. With your arms at your sides, the sleeves should cover the wrist bone and no more. Note that your dress shirt will have 1-2 cm longer sleeves, which allows you to "show some cuff".
4. While buttoned, the jacket should not pull across the chest significantly.
5. The shoulder seam should lie on the edge of your shoulder. There should be minimal buckling, the sleeves should be smooth at the shoulder.6. About 2 cm of shirt collar should be revealed by the jacket collar.
7. Holding your hand flat, you should easily be able to fit it inside the jacket under the lapels. However, it should be slim to the chest - there shouldn't be an air pocket there.
8. Similarly to shirts, armholes must be sufficiently high.
Hits: 2 | Leave a comment
About the Author
We are looking for men's suit tailors, fashion designers, managers, fashion consultants who want to share their knowledge and tips in an article or video and contribute to the site! Please email us at email@example.com Don't miss the opportunity as this will be a free advertisement for yourself and your menswear brand!