Interview with Vincenzo Iadicicco - menswear designer from Italy
Today we're going to present you Vincenzo Iadicicco from Italy. He is one of the contestants in Men's style international fashion design project.
- Who or what inspired you to become a designer?
- When I start designing a collection, my inspiration must be to a man with a strong personality, cosmopolitan , confident and ironic approach of social life. As a designer I'm hungry for new ideas which unfortunately is not always easy to put into action... but they are the daily bread of our work.
- When did you first start designing?
- The beginning of my long journey as a designer started when I was 14-year-old. The idea to create and make changes to the materials and clothing products has meant that my talent and my passion lead me to be what I am today, what I represent today.
- Where do you find inspiration for your creations?
- I do not know where to start. I try to bring my vision to those who may be interested. I just try to mix colors, or rather do not like the color I have chosen black and white also shades of gray, cuts, materials, details and visions in the creations in 3D. My world includes scratches, errors, imperfections, but at the same time to a generation futuristic mystery .
- Who are your favorite designers and why?
- I do not follow much of what other designers are doing. I see what you find in stores today but not particularly follow them. Definitely my style is very similar to Rick Owens, Boris Saberi Bidjan; because they are two futuristic and modern designers.
- Men do not always pay attention to the way they dress. Give some advice to men - How should they dress to be stylish?
- There are not rules to follow in order to be fashionable. It is difficult to provide a definition of the concept of fashion, partly because there is no objective and unambiguous interpretation in this regard. Fashion to me is a reflection of dreams.
- What do you think makes one successful fashion designer?
- The ideas are the key in this work. A stylist should be a full figure to 360 degrees, so even a little modeller, designer , entrepreneur and manager.
- What are your plans for the future?
- Become a successful fashion designer.
For more information about the designer - Vincenzo's facebook profile
To learn more about the project and participate please visit: mensstyle.org
Hits: 7831 | Leave a comment
We are looking for men's suit tailors, fashion designers, managers, fashion consultants who want to share their knowledge and tips in an article or video and contribute to the site! Please email us at email@example.com Don't miss the opportunity as this will be a free advertisement for yourself and your menswear brand!
More Articles from this author