Fashion Design Education: Istanbul Moda Academy
Istanbul Moda Academy (İMA), founded in 2007, is one of the most proficient fashion schools in Turkey. It offers an innovative and modern education in the fields of fashion, textiles and apparel.
İMA collaborates with world-famous fashion schools such as London College of Fashion, Polimoda, Institut Français de la Mod and Nottingham Trent University, providing its students access to international institutes, brands and designers.
İMA offers competent academic staff, up-to-date curriculum, training programs and applied industry projects, facility equipped with state-of-the-art technology and the most comprehensive fashion library in Turkey.
Istanbul Moda Academy's programs list includes:
- Fashion Design and Technology Undergraduate Program - Menswear (in collaboration with LCF) - 3 years İMA or 2 years İMA + 1 year LCF, in Turkish and English;
- Fashion Design and Technology Undergraduate Program - Womenswear (in collaboration with LCF) - 3 years İMA or 2 years İMA + 1 year LCF, in Turkish and English;
- Fashion Design and Management Diploma Program - 20 weeks, in Turkish and English, Advanced level;
- Pattern Cutting and Product Development in Fashion Design - 30 weeks, Turkish, applicants need to have knowledge about skirt, trousers, upper body pattern and sewing techniques;
- Leather Shoes and Accessories Design - 7 months, in Turkish and English, applicants are expected to have BA in Fashion Design, Fashion and Textile Design or Industrial Design;
- Fashion Professional Portfolio - 24 weeks, Turkish, intensive program.
Professional Development Programs (Continuous Training Programs) in five areas for anyone who desire personal development in the fashion industry or who wish to enter the industry with no previous experience:
- Fashion design diploma program;
- Fashion management;
- Fashion merchandising;
- Visual merchandising;
- Fashion branding for globalized markets (in collaboration with LCF);
- Fashion communications and PR;
- Personal fashion styling, Fashion photography;
- Fashion journalism;
- Photoshop and Illustrator in fashion design;
- Fashion illustration;
- Digital printing techniques.
Summer programs (Summer workshops):
Fashion Design Summer Lab - it aims to prepare a future fashion career plans to participants (16+ year-old);
Design Factory - its aim is to develop the idea of using creative methods defined within the framework of a theme and perform a fashion design project in order to create a sketchbook (15-18 year-old).
Istanbul Moda Academy's website: www.istanbulmodaakademisi.com
Stay with us for more information about the fashion events and all opportunities, which Istanbul Moda Academy offers!
Hits: 4373 | Leave a comment
We are looking for men's suit tailors, fashion designers, managers, fashion consultants who want to share their knowledge and tips in an article or video and contribute to the site! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Don't miss the opportunity as this will be a free advertisement for yourself and your menswear brand!
About the Author
More Articles from this author